Authorize or manage representatives

The Charities Directorate needs consent from a charity or applicant organization to communicate with a representative for charity-related matters. An authorized representative can be an employee, volunteer, or another individual such as a lawyer, accountant, or bookkeeper.

To add or change an authorized representative

Through MyBA
  1. Log in to your My Business Account (MyBA) account.
  2. Scroll down to the menu for your charity’s RR account.
  3. Select “Business profile” at the top of the page.
  4. Then, select “Authorize or manage representatives”.

For more information, go to Authorize or manage representatives.

On paper 

Complete form RC59 Business consent for offline access


Prepare a letter with the following information:

  • charity or applicant organization’s name
  • charity or applicant organization’s registration number (if applicable)
  • representative’s name
  • representative’s telephone number
  • effective date
  • expiry date (if you want the consent to automatically expire)

Date the letter and include the printed name and signature of a director, trustee, or like official that the Charities Directorate has on file.

Mail or fax your letter or your completed form to:

Charities Directorate
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON K1A 0L5

Fax: 613-954-8037

Also be sure to inform us if an authorized representative no longer represents the charity or applicant organization.

Related topics

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: