Authorize or manage representatives
The Charities Directorate needs consent from a charity or applicant organization to communicate with a representative for charity-related matters. An authorized representative can be an employee, volunteer, or another individual such as a lawyer, accountant, or bookkeeper.
To add or change an authorized representative
- Log in to your My Business Account (MyBA) account
- Select “Business profile” at the top of the page
- Then, select “Manage authorized representatives”
For more information go to Representative authorization.
Prepare a letter with the following information:
- charity or applicant organization’s name
- charity or applicant organization’s registration number (if applicable)
- representative’s name
- representative’s telephone number
- effective date
- expiry date (if you want the consent to automatically expire)
Date the letter and include the printed name and signature of a director, trustee, or like official that the Charities Directorate has on file.
Mail or fax your letter or your completed form to:
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON K1A 0L5
Also be sure to inform us if an authorized representative no longer represents the charity or applicant organization.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: