Making a change to your organization
There are different processes depending on the type of change. Registered charities should consult the pages below before making changes to their organization.
All of the changes below can be done using Canada Revenue Agency’s digital services or by sending a request by mail or fax.
Select the request you want to make for more details:
- Change director
- Change public contact information or addresses
- Change organization’s legal name
- Change organization’s fiscal period end
- Request permission to accumulate
- Change bylaws
- Change purposes and activities
- Submit amended governing document
- Change legal status
- Request associated status
- Change organization’s designation
- Request a disbursement quota reduction
- Amalgamation, merger, and consolidation
- Request voluntary revocation
- Authorize or manage representatives
Making changes on paper
You can mail or fax your changes to:
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON K1A 0L5
View program account details
If you’re registered with My Business Account (MyBA) for your charity, you can view what information we currently have on file about your charity RR account to see if it needs to be updated.
- Log in to your MyBA account.
- Scroll down to find the menu for your charity’s RR account.
- Select “View program account details”.
A screenshot of the Registered charity menu quadrant on My Business Account that lists all the tasks that you can do for the RR program account. The tasks are the following:
- View program account details
- Apply to be a registered charity or RCAAA
- View application status
- File a return
- Adjust a return
- View expected and filed returns
- Update registered charity or RCAAA information
- View mail
- Manage address
- Manage language preference
- View program account name
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: