RC1 Request for a Business Number and Certain Program Accounts

As of May 13, 2024, the CRA no longer registers and maintains import and export RM program accounts. These services are now provided by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). However, if you don’t have a business number, get it from the CRA using Business Registration Online before contacting the CBSA. Learn more: CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM).

This form is used to register for a Business Number and the 3 major CRA accounts, GST, Payroll, and Corporate.

Ways to get the form

Page details

Date modified: