Return of Securities Transactions (T5008)

What's new

Internet file transfer availability

Internet filing is available from January 8, 2024.

In these pages, the term "filer" refers to the person (that is, an individual or organization) that, under the Income Tax Act, must prepare and file a T5008 information return. A filer is different from a service bureau or anyone else who may be filing the return for a filer.

Filers must use their program account number instead of their Business Number.

Since the 2021 taxation year, financial institutions, traders or dealers in securities can send recipients who reside in Quebec a consolidated T5008/RL-18 slip for all transactions. For more information, visit the Revenu Qu├ębec website RL-18 Slip.


  • T5008 slip
    Having to file or not, completing, distributing, and correcting the T5008 slip.
  • T5008 Summary
    Completing and correcting the T5008 summary.
  • Filing methods and due date
    How to file and the due date.
  • Penalties and interests
    Penalties and interests, use of the identification number, and notice of assessment.
  • General information
    Proceeds and securities, unclaimed proceeds of disposition, deemed dispositions, are you acting as a trustee, payments to non-residents, and flowcharts.

Forms and publications

Page details

Date modified: