Restarting CPP contributions

An employee who had elected to stop contributing to the CPP in a previous year is able to revoke that election and start contributing to the CPP again.

An employee can choose to restart contributing to CPP if all of the following conditions are met:

If the conditions are met, the employee can give you a copy of Form CPT30 with parts A, B and D completed. By filling out the form in this manner, the employee is “revoking their election.”

This “revocation” is effective the first day of the month following when you receive the completed form. You will restart CPP contributions in the first pay dated in the month after the employee gives you the form. When you prorate, use the number of months that includes the month the revocation becomes effective.


For more information on benefit entitlement, contact Service Canada or go to Canada Pension Plan: Overview.

Forms and publications

Related topics

Government partners

Page details

Date modified: