When to restart deducting CPP contributions

When you receive a signed and completed revocation form (CPT30) from an eligible employee, you should start deducting CPP contributions from the employee’s pensionable earnings from the first pay dated in the month after the month the employee gives you the revocation form. Generally, this will be the date the employee entered in Part D of the revocation form. If the date in Part D is in the past, go to What you should do with a revocation form when the date on it is in the past.

You will also have to pay an amount equal to the amount deducted from the employee’s remuneration when you send your remittance to the Canada Revenue Agency.


You may need to prorate the employee’s CPP basic exemption and CPP contributions for the year for an employee who revokes a prior year election and wants to start contributing to the CPP part way through the year. For more information, go to Checking the amount of CPP you deducted.

Forms and publications

Related topics

Government partners

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: