Increasing income tax deductions

Employees can choose to have more tax deducted from the remuneration they receive in a year. To do this, they have to give a federal Form TD1 to their employer that shows how much more tax they want deducted. This amount stays the same until they give their employer a new Form TD1.

You should advise part-time employees that it could be beneficial to have more income tax deducted from the remuneration they receive. In this way, they can avoid having to pay a large amount of tax when they file their income tax and benefit returns, especially if they have worked part-time for different employers during the year.

Related topics

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: