GST/HST information

There are goods and services used by persons with disabilities that are exempt supplies or zero-rated supplies for the purposes of the goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST). This means you will not pay GST/HST on these goods and services.

If you paid GST/HST in error, you can ask the supplier for a refund or credit instead of applying for a rebate from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

If the supplier gives you a refund or credit, you cannot get a rebate from the CRA.

If you cannot get a refund or credit from the supplier (for example, if the supplier refuses to refund the amount or goes out of business), you can ask the CRA for a rebate by sending Form GST189, General Application for GST/HST Rebates.

Forms and publications

Page details

Date modified: