Contact the CRA
Use your CRA My Account to:
- apply for the one-time top-up to the Canada Housing Benefit
- update your personal information, including your address and your marital status
- update your direct deposit information
Sign in to My Service Canada Account to access CRA My Account
If you don't have CRA My Account, you can still access CRA My Account through your My Service Canada Account:
- Sign in to your My Service Canada Account
- Select "Access CRA"
- Select "I agree" on the Registration and Authentication page to transfer directly to your CRA My Account
Call the CRA for more information or help by phone.
Find a phone number
- Before you call
To verify your identity, you'll need your:
- social insurance number (SIN)
- full name and date of birth
- complete address
- assessed tax return, notice of assessment or reassessment, other tax document, or be signed in to CRA My Account
If you're calling on behalf of someone else
If you are the friend or family member of someone who needs assistance applying over the phone and you are calling on their behalf, they must be present on the call to give their consent.
You will also be asked to verify your own identity when you call.
- Telephone number
- TTY number
If you use a teletypewriter:
If you use an operator-assisted relay service, call:
CRA's one-time Canada Housing Benefit line hours Date Hours Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm (local time) Saturday 9 am to 5 pm (local time) Sunday Closed
Closed on public holidays
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: