Contact the CRA


Use your CRA My Account to:

  • apply for the one-time top-up to the Canada Housing Benefit
  • update your personal information, including your address and your marital status
  • update your direct deposit information
Sign in to My Service Canada Account to access CRA My Account

If you don't have CRA My Account, you can still access CRA My Account through your My Service Canada Account:

  1. Sign in to your My Service Canada Account
  2. Select "Access CRA"
  3. Select "I agree" on the Registration and Authentication page to transfer directly to your CRA My Account

By phone

Call the CRA for more information or help by phone.

Find a phone number

What are you calling about?

  • The one-time top-up to the Canada Housing Benefit
  • Your CRA account information
Before you call

To verify your identity, you'll need your:

  • social insurance number (SIN)
  • full name and date of birth
  • complete address
  • assessed tax return, notice of assessment or reassessment, other tax document, or be signed in to CRA My Account
If you're calling on behalf of someone else

If you are the friend or family member of someone who needs assistance applying over the phone and you are calling on their behalf, they must be present on the call to give their consent.

You will also be asked to verify your own identity when you call.

Telephone number
TTY number

If you use a teletypewriter:

If you use an operator-assisted relay service, call:

CRA's one-time Canada Housing Benefit line hours
Date Hours
Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm (local time)
Saturday 9 am to 5 pm (local time)
Sunday Closed

Closed on public holidays


Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Date modified: