Annex D – Unloading
- The carrier is responsible to unload and place HG&E in the corresponding rooms as per the inventory listing, or as per your direction.
- The carrier is responsible to re-assemble pieces of furniture and any other items that were disassembled at origin by the carrier.
- The carrier must prepare major articles and appliances for use. This does not include hooking up gas or water. This is the shipper’s responsibility.
- The carrier is required to assist you during unloading to ensure that all exceptions such as visible loss and damage are annotated on the inventory listing.
- The carrier will provide you with a copy of the signed inventory listing before departing the residence. The signing of the inventory listing at this time shall not preclude any claim for damage and/or loss where damage is not readily visible at the time of delivery.
- You and the carrier will sign and date the Bill of Lading.
- Account for all your items using Bingo Sheets or Inventory Listing.
- If there is a split shipment note any items missing which may prevent you from setting up “house”.
- You may not delay delivery due to renovations, painting, cleaning, etc.
- Items can only be delivered to one location.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: