Annex H – Moves to/from the United States

  1. If you are relocating to the United States, you and your family cannot proceed to the United States without being in possession of a valid passport(s) and Visa. Once these are received you must communicate this to the origin TA so the receipt dates can be added to your move file. These must be obtained prior to load day to avoid a move postponement. You must declare at the border that you are moving to the United States and must complete the US customs form I-94. Failing to comply with the above will cause unnecessary delay in clearing your shipment through US Customs.
  2. If you are relocating to Canada from the United States you must have the following documents in your possession in order to clear customs: passport; posting message/transfer notice; Military/Civilian photo identification; any receipts for goods purchased within the last six months of your posting in the United States; a personal itemized inventory detailing the item values; and a receipt for levy payment on importation of alcohol, if applicable.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: