Annex C – Loading
- The carrier must request approval from the TA to perform pre-loading services on the day prior to the load date for shipments with an estimated weight greater than 14,000 lbs, or when deemed necessary. Once authorized, the carrier is to advise you that approval has been granted by the TA and shall complete all packing services prior to pre-loading.
- The carrier must assign a unit that can accommodate the whole shipment.
- The carrier must perform only one pick-up of HG&E which must be at the principal residence address at origin.
- Dropping a trailer at the Shipper’s residence for loading must be done in exceptional circumstances only.
- The carrier is responsible to disassemble pieces of furniture and any other items as required (unless specifically excluded within Annex A).
- The carrier is responsible to tag and condition the HG&E, with your participation, using the pre-printed inventory listing.
- The carrier must place all HG&E inside the van. The attachment of any items outside the van (e.g. on tailgate) is expressly prohibited.
- The carrier is responsible provide you with copies of both the Inventory Listing and the Bill of Lading which is to be signed and dated by both you and the carrier.
- The carrier is responsible to remove any accumulated unused packing materials and other debris incidental to packing from your residence.
- Ensure all of your goods are loaded.
- Ensure you do a walk around and note any damage to residence as a result of pack/load activity.
- For PMV see Annex G .
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: