Cadet365 Adult Staff Onboarding
Help your cadet onboard!
Adult staff will play an important role in the onboarding of Cadets to Cadet365.
The Cadet365 Staff Guide for Cadet Onboarding page is intended to guide you through the process and provide quick resources to mitigate common onboarding questions.
Onboarding Instructions for Adult Staff
Onboarding Instructions: Text version
- On your Smartphone, go to your applications store and download the Microsoft Authenticator app. Please note your device must be passcode protected to move forward.
- On a computer, using Chrome or Edge browser, navigate to office.com
- Sign into your account. Enter the username and password that you received.
- Follow on screen instructions and click next until you get a QR code.
- On your smartphone, open the Microsoft Authenticator app. Click the three dots on the top right, and select Add account.
Select Work or school account, click Scan a QR Code.
- Scan the QR code on your computer with your smartphone. Close the app on your phone. On your computer press next.
- Approve sign in on your phone. Follow the on screen instructions to add a second authentication method e.g. phone number.
You can now access Cadet365 on your personal devices!
All adult staff now have access to Cadet365!
Before having access to the resources (including email), you need to activate your Cadet365 by configuring your multifactor authentication (as shown in the image above). Once the onboarding process is completed, you can connect any personal device. Keep reading!
Accessing Cadet365 (onboarding)
1. Several detailed onboarding guides are available to help you depending on the device you are using:
- Cadet365 onboarding with a Personal Computer (PC) and a smartphone with video walkthrough (easiest way)
- Cadet365 onboarding with a Personal Computer and a telephone number for authentication
- Cadet365 onboarding with a Standalone Android Mobile Device
- Cadet365 onboarding with a Standalone iPhone/iPad
2. After the onboarding process is complete we highly recommend that you install and login to the Microsoft Teams app on your personal devices (see below) as this will be the CCO’s communication hub going forward.
Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
The Remote Desktop Service is still required for users to access CJCR internal resources such as Fortress, the Virtual Orderly Room, the Corps/Squadron Activity Request.
Remote Desktop should NOT be used to access Cadet365 Important
Set up your personal devices
Now that you have successfully onboarded, you can set-up Cadet365 on up to 5 personal devices!
Yes! You CAN access your @cadets.gc.ca email on your smartphone!
On personal computers access email through your web browser or the Outlook desktop application.
On your smartphone/tablet, install the Outlook app to gain instant access to your @cadets.gc.ca email.
On personal computers download the Desktop App to access more features, or use the web browser for a lighter version.
On your smartphone/tablet, install the Teams app to start collaborating.
Click on the icons below or search for "Microsoft Teams", "Microsoft Outlook" on the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to download the app (you will leave the Government of Canada's website).
After you set-up your Multifactor authentication
The links in this section will take you outside the Government of Canada network.
Access your Cadet365 (web-based) account
- Go to https://portal.office.com
- Enter your CCONet username - e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password
- Click Sign in
If you need to reset your password, use the self-serve password reset by Microsoft.
This only applies if you have completed onboarding.
Note: Your CCO account and Cadet365 account logins are one and the same. If you change the password in Cadet365, the new password will apply to your CCO account.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: