Apply for the Apprenticeship Completion Grant: More information
How the ACG affects Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
You may receive Employment Insurance (EI) benefits as an apprentice if you:
- have worked between 420 and 700 hours and
- meet all of the eligibility requirements to make a claim
The Apprenticeship Completion Grant is not considered earnings from employment. It does not affect your Employment Insurance (EI) benefits. You do not need to include these grants in your EI reports.
The Apprenticeship Completion Grant is taxable.
You will get a T4A slip in the mail the year after you receive payment. Quebec residents get a Relevé 1 tax slip. Contact Apprenticeship Grants to:
- update your contact information
- ask for your T4A/Relevé 1 if you don’t have it in time to file your taxes
How family support debts affect your grant
Under the Family Orders and Agreements Enforcement Assistance Act (FOAEAA), we can redirect all or part of your grant money to a third party if you owe family support payments.
- Find your Provincial and Territorial Family Maintenance Enforcement Programs website
- You can also call the Automated Information System:
- Toll-free: 1-800-267-7777
- TTY: 1-800-267-7676
- Date modified: