Nitrosamine impurities in medications: report a problem or concern
On this page
If you’re a consumer
You are encouraged to report adverse reactions or side effects you witness or experience. You can also work with your health care provider to submit a report.
We review and assess all reports on drugs. We will contact you to gather more information if needed.
If you’re a health care provider
Health care providers who suspect an adverse reaction (side effect) to a drug are strongly encouraged to report it. Talk to your patients about signs to watch for.
Health Canada provides many sources of information on drug safety and risks. You can access:
- MedEffect Canada, where we post the results of our safety reviews
- recalls and safety alerts, where:
- we post recalls on drugs
- you can subscribe to receive information on safety risks associated with drugs
- drug product database, where you can find drugs authorized for sale in Canada
- summaries of decisions, where we provide background information that could be helpful when treating your patient
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: