Australia, Canada, Singapore, Switzerland (ACSS) Consortium
Health Canada is collaborating with our international partners on issues related to drug and medical device clinical trials, authorizations, risk assessments, and potential shortages. Learn about how we are engaging our international partners on COVID-19 health products issues.
Globalisation of health products including rapid emergence of new technologies, increased international flow of health products and limited resources affects the capacity of a single regulatory agency to address health risks and promote timely access to safe therapeutic products. Recognising these challenges and the importance of international collaboration among like-minded health regulatory agencies, the Head of Agencies Consortium was established in 2007 as a means to promote regulatory convergence and foster synergy to address scientific and regulatory issues (Terms of Reference).
The Consortium consists of health regulatory agencies from:
- the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) of Australia,
- the Health Products and Food Branch (HPFB) of Health Canada, Canada
- the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) of Singapore, and
- Swissmedic, Swiss Agency for Therapeutic Products, of Switzerland
The Consortium voluntarily meets on a regular basis to exchange information on issues and challenges. While informal, its collaboration aims to better align the regulatory systems and reduce unnecessary duplication and differences.
Focus of work
The Consortium's work focuses on concrete regulatory work sharing initiatives including but not limited to:
- Complementary Medicines,
- Generic Medicines,
- Information Technology, and
- New Chemical Entities.
The Consortium also coordinates the involvement of technical experts in the International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) working groups.
- ACSS Consortium - Regulators pledge support to tackle COVID-19
- ACSS Consortium - Generic Medicines Working Group (GMWG)
- GMWG - Mandate
- GMWG - Meetings
- Generic Medicines Work Sharing Trial (GMWST)
- Notice to Applicants - Request for Expressions of Interest (EOI)
- Expression of Interest (EOI) Form (available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operational Procedures (OP)
- Questions and Answers (Q&A)
- ACSS Consortium - New Chemical Entities (NCE) Working Group
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: