The Office of Nutrition Policy and Promotion works with a network of partners to promote and support healthy eating.
Federal/Provincial/Territorial Group on Nutrition
The Federal/Provincial/Territorial Group on Nutrition (FPTGN) provides leadership in stimulating and accelerating actions towards achieving nutritional well-being for all Canadians. Membership includes representation from each province and territory health department (or department responsible for health) with responsibility for nutrition planning, programs and policies and from Health Canada (Health Products and Food Branch and the First Nations and Inuit Health Branch). For more than 50 years, representatives of federal, provincial and territorial governments have met to exchange information and develop collaborative polices, programs and resources in community/public health nutrition. For more information on the FPTGN please consult "A Strong Tradition of Collaboration: The Federal / Provincial / Territorial Group on Nutrition".
The Federal/Provincial/Territorial Group on Nutrition is committed to:
- Communications and actions that are timely, effective and strategic;
- Minimizing duplication; and
- Alliances and collaboration with other agencies.
Network on Healthy Eating
The Network on Healthy Eating enhances collaboration, cooperation and coordination of efforts to support healthy eating and nutrition in Canada. Membership includes representation from national organisations and associations, advocacy groups, industry, marketing boards, health charitable organisations with a focus on nutrition and healthy eating and Health Canada (Office of Nutrition Policy and Promotion).
The objectives of the Network on Healthy Eating are to:
- Provide a forum to share information and learning related to initiatives on nutrition and healthy eating;
- Foster partnerships and opportunities for collaboration; and
- Encourage/enhance consistent communication and integrated message platforms on key issues in nutrition and healthy eating.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: