Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Offices
Canada Post services across Canada may be affected by ongoing delays in service from continued labour negotiations.
Our processes will be unaffected though you may experience delays in:
- sending applications mailed within or to Canada
- receiving mail from us
If you’re planning on traveling to Canada or submitting an application (including for a passport or other travel document), apply early.
Visit Canada Post for more information before sending any application by mail. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.
Offices outside Canada
IRCC visa offices are located in Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates. They process applications for:
- permanent immigration
- visitor visas (temporary resident visas)
- study permits
- work permits
- refugee resettlement
- travel documents for permanent residents abroad
Canadian embassies, high commissions or consulates
Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates provide services to Canadian citizens outside Canada or the United States who want to:
Offices inside Canada
Offices that process applications
The case processing centres (CPCs), the centralized intake office (CIO), and the Operations Support Centre (OSC) receive and process citizenship or immigration applications. You can mail your application to these offices, but they are not open to the public and do not offer assistance with applications.
Find out where to submit your application or additional documents.
CPC in Edmonton
The case processing centre in Edmonton processes:
- extensions for temporary resident status and temporary resident permits
- work and study permits
- applications for permanent residence from protected persons and convention refugees in Canada
- applications for permanent residence for live-in caregivers
- applications for permanent residence under Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways
- applications for permenent residence under the temporary resident permit holder class
- loans for the right of permanent residence fee
The case processing centre in Mississauga processes applications to sponsor family members living in Canada and abroad.
The CPC in Sydney processes:
- applications for permanent resident cards (new and renewals)
- citizenship applications (new, renouncing, revoking and resuming)
The centralized intake office in Sydney (CIO-S) receives all applications in the following categories:
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trades
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Start-Up Visa
- Quebec Investors or Entrepreneurs
- Quebec Skilled Workers
- Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Class
- Federal Self-Employed Persons and Quebec Selected Self-Employed Persons
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:
- visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
- permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S.
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:
- International Experience Canada work permits
- In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
- Verification of Status (VOS)
- Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
- Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents
Offices for appointments
These offices are not open to the public and are by appointment only.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: