Discover Canada (Audio)
Note: Recent changes to the Citizenship Act affect information in the Message to Our Readers section of Discover Canada. Specifically, the age range has been amended for applicants who must meet the knowledge requirement. Effective October 11, 2017 applicants who are 18-54 years of age when they apply, including applicants who already have an application in process, are required to demonstrate an adequate knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship through a citizenship knowledge test in either English or French, and to demonstrate adequate knowledge of either English or French. The citizenship test is not used to assess an applicant’s knowledge of English or French. Learn how language abilities are assessed.
Discover Canada: Listen
On this page, you can listen to or download all of Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship.
The Oath of Citizenship now refers to
- Aboriginal and treaty rights of Indigenous peoples in Canada
- King Charles the Third
We’ll update the audio files soon.
Listen using the audio player
Duration: 2 hours, 53 minutes.
You can download the complete audio guide of Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship. This way, you can listen to the citizenship guide on your computer, cellular phone or portable audio player.
Download each section
You will find links to download individual audio files for each section of the guide on those sections’ pages.
- Notice – Third-party citizenship study guides, tests and questions
- The Oath of Citizenship
- Message to Our Readers
- Applying for Citizenship
- Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship
- Who We Are
- Canada’s History
- Modern Canada
- How Canadians Govern Themselves
- Federal Elections
- The Justice System
- Canadian Symbols
- Canada’s Economy
- Canada’s Regions
- Study Questions
- For More Information
- Acknowledgements and Photo Credits
- Memorable Quotes
Narrators by section
|Section||English Narrator||French Narrator|
|Cover||Robert-Douglas Watt||Renée Giroux|
|The Oath of Citizenship||Robert-Douglas Watt||Renée Giroux|
|Message to our Readers||Robert-Douglas Watt||Renée Giroux|
|Applying for Citizenship||Robert-Douglas Watt||Renée Giroux|
|Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship||Robert-Douglas Watt||Raphaëlle Lalande|
|Who We Are||The Rt. Hon. Adrienne Clarkson||Raphaëlle Lalande|
|Canada’s History||Richard Margison and The Rt. Hon. Adrienne Clarkson||Jean-Benoît Rainville and Raphaëlle Lalande|
|Modern Canada||The Rt. Hon. Adrienne Clarkson||Jean-Benoît Rainville|
|How Canadians Govern Themselves||Albert Schultz||Raphaëlle Lalande|
|Federal Elections||Ian Hanomansing||Raphaëlle Lalande|
|The Justice System||Ian Hanomansing||Raphaëlle Lalande|
|Canadian Symbols||The Rt. Hon. Adrienne Clarkson||Jean-Benoît Rainville|
|Canada’s Economy||Albert Schultz||Raphaëlle Lalande|
|Canada’s Regions||Geraint Wyn Davies||Jean-Benoît Rainville|
|Study Questions||Patricia E. Phenix||Renée Giroux|
|For More Information||Patricia E. Phenix||Renée Giroux|
|Acknowledgements||Patricia E. Phenix||Renée Giroux|
|Authorities||Patricia E. Phenix||Renée Giroux|
|Quotes: Laurier & Diefenbaker||Albert Schultz||Raphaëlle Lalande|
- The Rt. Hon. Adrienne Clarkson, 26th Governor General of Canada and Co-chair of the Institute for Canadian Citizenship.
- Geraint Wyn Davies, Actor both on stage and in films, he has also directed episodes for TV series such as Forever Knight and appeared in several musicals.
- Judge Renée Giroux, Citizenship judge.
- Ian Hanomansing, Television journalist with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).
- Raphaëlle Lalande, Professional actor and narrator.
- Richard Margison, Operatic tenor, also named Officer of the Order of Canada in 2001 and obtained a Golden Jubilee Medal in 2002. He has performed around the world, including in China and Spain.
- Judge Patricia E. Phenix, Citizenship judge.
- Jean-Benoît Rainville, Professional host and narrator.
- Albert Schultz, Actor, director and the founding artistic director of Toronto’s Soulpepper Theatre Company.
- Judge Robert-Douglas Watt, Citizenship judge.
Help us serve you better! Tell us what you think of this publication.
© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, represented by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, 2012
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: