Program delivery update: Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP) – Phase 2
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
June 3, 2022
The intake of applications for phase 2 of the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP) started in December 2021. Operational measures are in place to receive applications to facilitate the arrival of up to 500 skilled refugees and their family members over the next 2 years.
The EMPP is Canada’s model for refugee labour mobility, and it aims to address Canadian labour shortages while providing durable solutions for refugees with the skills and qualifications that Canadian employers need.
- Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP)
- Determining admissibility
- Application process and who can apply
- Assessing the application against economic program selection criteria
- Determining eligibility against public policy requirements
- Examination before granting permanent residence
- Loans issued to applicants to be used as settlement funds
- Immigration Loans Program (ILP)
- Making a final decision
- Pre-departure services provided by the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Processing Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) applications
- Putting an application into processing
- Date modified: