Agri-Food Pilot: Apply for permanent residence
1. Complete the application package
If you want to apply for permanent residence, make sure both your job offer and work experience meet the requirements. If you don’t meet both requirements, your application for permanent residence will be refused.
Avoid processing delays by sending us a complete application.
Get ready to apply
Read the Instruction Guide (IMM 0117) for important information about your eligibility, fees and how to apply.
Get your checklist and forms
- Document Checklist [IMM 0116] (PDF, 921 KB)
- Use your checklist to make sure you include all the forms and documents you need.
- Place the checklist on top, as a cover to your application package.
Forms for the employer to fill out
- Offer of Employment to a Foreign National – Agri-Food Immigration Pilot [IMM 0115] (PDF, 1.74 MB)
Note: The employer must fill out the form and give it to you to submit with your application.
You must read and sign the declaration at the bottom.
Forms for you (principal applicant) to fill out
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 677 KB)
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 1.52 MB)
- Schedule 1 – Agri-Food Immigration Pilot [IMM 0114] (PDF, 1.73 MB)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 2.23 MB)
- Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.75 MB)
Forms for you (principal applicant) to fill out, if applicable
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008 DEP] (PDF, 434 KB)
- Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604] (PDF, 1.54 MB)
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 778 KB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 1.48 MB)
Tips for downloading and filling out the application forms
- Fill out the form on your computer instead of by hand. It’s easier and reduces mistakes that can cause delays.
- The Schedule 1 and job offer forms must be filled out on your computer.
- Fill out, print, sign and date your application forms.
IMM 0008 is a barcode form. Make sure you validate it and submit all the pages:
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form. Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- One or more pages with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Use white, high-quality and non-glossy paper.
- Use a laser printer if you can.
- Place the IMM 0008 form, including the barcode page(s), on the top of your application package.
2. Get your fingerprints and photo taken
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for every application for permanent residence you submit. Even if you gave your biometrics in the past and they’re still valid.
- You must pay the biometric fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays.
- Get this done as soon as you get the letter from us that tells you to give biometrics.
- You have 30 days to do this from the date on the letter.
COVID-19: Changes to biometrics requirements and collection procedures
Temporary measures have been put into place for biometrics requirements and collection procedures.
3. Pay your fees online
4. Submit your application
Mail your complete application to the address in the instruction guide.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: