Agri-Food Pilot: Apply for permanent residence
Changes coming to this application process
Starting September 2022, we’re making it mandatory to apply online for certain permanent immigration programs. Each program will change to mandatory online applications on a different date.
If you can’t apply online, and require accommodations, including for a disability, you can ask for the application in another format (paper, braille or large print). We’ll provide more information on this option soon.
1. Complete the application package
If you want to apply for permanent residence, make sure both your job offer and work experience meet the requirements. If you don’t meet both requirements, your application for permanent residence will be refused.
Avoid processing delays by sending us a complete application.
Get ready to apply
Read the Instruction Guide (IMM 0117) for important information about your eligibility, fees and how to apply.
You can now apply online
We’re testing a new online immigration application. You can use it to apply(opens in a new tab).
Get your checklist and forms
- Document Checklist [IMM 0116] (PDF, 921 KB)
- Use your checklist to make sure you include all the forms and documents you need.
- Place the checklist on top, as a cover to your application package.
Forms for the employer to fill out
- Offer of Employment to a Foreign National – Agri-Food Pilot [IMM 0115] (PDF, 1.74 MB)
Note: The employer must fill out the form and give it to you to submit with your application.
You must read and sign the declaration at the bottom.
Forms for you (principal applicant) to fill out
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 677 KB)
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 1.52 MB)
- Schedule 1 – Agri-Food Pilot [IMM 0114] (PDF, 1.73 MB)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 2.23 MB)
- Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.75 MB)
Forms for you (principal applicant) to fill out, if applicable
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008 DEP] (PDF, 434 KB)
- Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604] (PDF, 1.54 MB)
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 778 KB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 1.48 MB)
Tips for downloading and filling out the application forms
- Fill out the form on your computer instead of by hand. It’s easier and reduces mistakes that can cause delays.
- The Schedule 1 and job offer forms must be filled out on your computer.
- Fill out, print, sign and date your application forms.
IMM 0008 is a barcode form. Make sure you validate it and submit all the pages:
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form. Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- One or more pages with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Use white, high-quality and non-glossy paper.
- Use a laser printer if you can.
- Place the IMM 0008 form, including the barcode page(s), on the top of your application package.
2. Get your fingerprints and photo taken
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for every application for permanent residence you submit. Even if you gave your biometrics in the past and they’re still valid.
- You must pay the biometric fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays.
- Get this done as soon as you get the letter from us that tells you to give biometrics.
- You have 30 days to do this from the date on the letter.
Temporary changes to biometrics
Book your biometric appointment as soon as you can to avoid processing delays.
If you can’t book an appointment by the deadline on your biometric instruction letter, there may be measures in place to help you.
3. Pay your fees online
4. Submit your application
Mail your complete application to the address in the instruction guide.
Find out how to contact us if you
- need to provide additional documents
- have questions about the application you submitted
- want to let us know about a change in your situation
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: