Application for the Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program
Get ready to apply
Read the Instruction Guide (IMM 5466) for important information about your eligibility, fees and how to apply.
Important: Make sure you’re applying for the right program based on your previous work experience. If you apply for the wrong program and don’t have the work experience required for that program, your application for permanent residence will be refused.
- If you’re applying for this program, you may be eligible to apply for a work permit if your employer needs to fill the position urgently. See Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program – Work Permits.
- Your spouse/common law partner can apply for an open work permit if your job is listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A, B or C in the 2016 National Occupation Classification (NOC).
Get your checklist and forms
- Document Checklist [IMM 5467] (PDF, 1.12 MB)
- Use your checklist to make sure you include all the forms and documents you need.
- Place the checklist on top, as a cover to your application package.
Forms for the employer to fill out
Note: The employer must fill out the form and give it to you to submit with your application. You must read and sign the declaration at the bottom.
Forms for you (the principal applicant) to fill out
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 652 KB)
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB)
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 776.39 KB)
- Economic Class – Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program [IMM 5501] (PDF, 703.58 KB)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB)
- Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.76 MB)
- Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604] (PDF, 609.23 KB)
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51 KB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB)
Use the instruction guide to fill out your application forms.
- Fill out the form on your computer instead of by hand. It’s easier and reduces mistakes that can cause delays.
IMM 0008 is a barcode form. Make sure you validate it and submit all the pages:
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form. Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- One or more pages with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Use white, high-quality and non-glossy paper.
- Use a laser printer if you can.
- Place the IMM 0008 form, including the barcode page(s), on the top of your application package.
Pay your fees online
Find out how to pay your fees.
Submit your application
Mail your complete application to the address in the instruction guide.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: