Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot – Direct to permanent residence category: After you apply
Your fingerprints and photo (biometrics)
Temporary changes to biometrics
Book your biometrics collection appointment as soon as you can to avoid processing delays.
If you can’t book an appointment by the deadline in your biometric instruction letter, there may be temporary measures in place to help you.
If you have to give biometrics, we'll send you a biometric instruction letter (BIL) which will direct you to a list of biometric collection service points you may choose from.
You must bring the BIL with you to the biometric collection service point to give your biometrics.
Processing your application
An immigration officer will make sure that you:
- filled out your application forms correctly (and signed them, when required)
- paid your fees
- submitted proof of qualifying work experience
- included all required documents and information specified in the Document Checklist [IMM 5981] (PDF, 3.39 MB)
If your application isn’t complete, it won’t be processed and will be sent back to you.
Your application will be delayed if:
- there are criminal or security problems or we need to do more background checks
- your family situation is not clear – reasons could include a divorce or an adoption that is not yet complete or child custody issues that have not been resolved, or
- the processing office has to contact other IRCC offices in Canada or abroad to verify the data you gave
You can check the status of your application online after we’ve started processing your application.
While your application is in process, you must tell us if you change your address or contact information.
Decision on your application
We'll make a decision on your application based on:
- whether you meet the eligibility criteria,
- if you submitted a complete application, including the fees, and
- if you are admissible to Canada
We’ll contact you if you need to send more documents.
Help us improve our services
We’re looking for people to try out our products. Find out how you can participate.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: