Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot: How to apply
How to apply
Step 1: Complete your application
- Use the instruction guide to get the forms you need and to help you fill out the forms correctly
- Fill out the forms on a computer
- Some forms have a ‘Validate’ button that helps you check if you completed all the fields in the form. When you’re done filling out these forms, click ‘Validate’
- If there are any fields you still need to fill out, they’ll be outlined in red
- After you successfully validate the forms, you’ll get a barcode page
- Print out all the forms, including the barcode pages
- Sign and date all forms
- Use the Document Checklist – Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker [IMM 5981] (PDF, 3.39 MB) to make sure you have everything
Answer all questions carefully, completely and truthfully. There are serious consequences if you misrepresent yourself or leave out relevant information on your application.
Step 2: Pay your application fees
In most cases, your fees include:
- processing fees for you and any family members you include on your application
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
- biometrics fee
You have to pay your fees online.
When you finish, you must print a receipt of your payment and include it with your application.
You and your family members may need to give your fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) at a biometric collection service point.
In most cases, you must pay a biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo.
After you pay the biometrics fee with a complete application, we’ll send you a letter to tell you if you need to give your biometrics and where you can go. You must show this letter when you give your biometrics.
You must give your biometrics in person. You should book an appointment.
You have to pay third parties if you need a:
The instruction guide can help you understand which fees apply to you and how to pay them.
Step 3: Submit your application
Make sure you:
- answer all questions
- sign your application and all forms
- include your fee payment receipt, and
- include all the supporting documents
Before you submit your application, use the Document Checklist – Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker [IMM 5981] (PDF, 3.39 MB) to make sure you don’t forget anything. If you forget something, your application will be sent back to you.
Mail your complete application to the appropriate address at the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Don’t send your application to any other processing center or migration office.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: