Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot: About the process

About the process

If you don’t have any qualifying work experience, you can apply for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or the Home Support Worker Pilot as long as you meet the other eligibility requirements.

How the process works:

  1. You apply to either the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or the Home Support Worker Pilot, depending on which occupation you plan to work in.
  2. You submit a work permit application together with your permanent residence application.
  3. If you meet the requirements, you get a work permit to work in Canada temporarily.
  4. The work permit you get is an occupation-restricted open work permit and lets you work as a caregiver for any employerFootnote *.
  5. Get at least 24 months of work experience to qualify for permanent residence.
  6. You send us proof of your work experience once you have enough.
  7. We make a final decision on your application for permanent residence.

Family members

Your family members are also eligible to come with you to Canada. If they want to work or study while in Canada, you can include their work or study permit applications with your application.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: