Apply for permanent residence: Fees for Express Entry
When applying for permanent residence, you will have to pay these fees:
- Processing fee for you and your family members
- Right of permanent residence fee
Processing fee for you and your family members
When you apply, you need to pay a processing fee for everyone who will come to Canada with you through your application. If your application isn’t complete, we’ll tell you and refund your processing fee.
You must pay the fees through your online account using a debit or credit card.
We won’t refund the processing fee once we start processing your application.
The Right of Permanent Residence fee
The right of permanent residence fee is $490.00 CAN per person. There is no fee for dependent children.
You will need to pay this fee:
- if we approve your application
- before we issue you any permanent resident documents
You can choose to pay this fee when you submit your application. It may speed up the application process.
We will refund this fee if:
- your application isn’t complete
- you withdraw your application
- your application is refused
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: