Apply for permanent residence: Submit your Express Entry application
In most cases, you now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) after you apply. Find out where biometrics fit into the application process.
Before you submit your application, make sure you:
- fill out all mandatory fields on the form
- pay your processing fee and biometrics fee
- include clear scans of all documents listed in your checklist
The system won’t let you submit the application unless you include all the required documents and fill out all the mandatory form fields.
How to update your information after you submit your application
After you submit your application, you can use this Web form if you need to report important changes about your application, such as
- changes in address, telephone number, email or other contact information
- births or deaths in your family
- marriages or divorces
- changes to your job or job offer
- a new educational credential
- updated language test results
If your work permit is about to expire
If you’re already in Canada and your existing work permit is about to expire, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit. If you're eligible, this permit can let you keep working while you wait for a final decision on your permanent residence application.
- Date modified: