Express Entry – Check your application status
Check your application status online
Progress bar removal
Starting March 26, 2021, until further notice we’re removing the progress bar in all Express Entry applicants’ online accounts.
You can still get the most current information about the status of your application by checking the Details about application status section in your online account.
You have 90 days after you’ve been invited to apply to submit your application for permanent residence.
Once you have submitted your application, you can check its status in your account.
- Go to “View the applications you submitted”
- Click “Application status and messages”
On the “Application status and messages” page, you’re able to see
- the overall status of your application
- the current status of each application step
- messages with additional steps to take, if required
If you need to make updates to your account, we’ll send you an email. Make sure you complete the requested updates as soon as possible, or the processing of your application could be delayed.
We process most Express Entry applications within 6 months or less of getting your complete application.
Processing time ?
Due to COVID-19
- we can’t provide accurate processing times
- The 6-month processing time is how long it usually took us to process a complete application before COVID-19.
- Check your application status for more information.
You may need to give your biometrics with your application. This processing time includes the time you need to give your biometrics.
Causes of processing delays
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we can’t
- process applications normally
- give accurate processing times for most applications
We’re prioritizing some applications, including
- Canadians trying to return to Canada
- vulnerable people
- people who perform or support essential services
If you’ve already applied, see the check your application status page to learn how
- to check your application status
- we’re processing applications during the pandemic New
Your application will be delayed if
- we need to verify information
- there are criminal or security problems
- we need to do more background checks
- your family situation isn't clear, for example,
- a divorce or an adoption that isn't yet complete
- child custody issues that haven't been resolved
- you need to submit more documents or have an interview with us
Keep your information up to date
Avoid delays by updating your information. You can use the IRCC web form if you need to report important changes about your application, such as
- changes of mailing or email address, telephone number or other contact information
- births or deaths in your family
- changes to your job or job offer
- new educational credentials
- updated language test results
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: