Extend your work permit

How to work longer in Canada as a temporary worker or a live-in caregiver and how to get a bridging work permit.

Canada Post services across Canada may be affected by ongoing delays in service from continued labour negotiations.

Our processes will be unaffected though you may experience delays in:

If you’re planning on traveling to Canada or submitting an application (including for a passport or other travel document), apply early.

Visit Canada Post for more information before sending any application by mail. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.

Services and information

Temporary workers

How to apply, forms, fees and how to change employers, become a permanent worker, or re-enter Canada

Live-in caregivers

How to apply, forms, fees and what to do if you change, quit, or lose your job

Bridging open work permit

Eligibility and forms for permanent residence applicants to work while they wait for a decision

Extend your International Experience Canada work permit

Reasons for extending or making changes to your International Experience Canada work permit and how to apply


Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: