Mental health resources information for civilian employees
I am struggling with mental health concerns. What resources are available to help me?
For immediate emergency assistance, call 911. If you are in distress, contact your nearest distress centre.
You can get assistance from a medical doctor or a specialist such as a social worker or a psychologist.
As a civilian employee who is also a member of the Public Service of Canada, you can access two important resources:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) 1-800-268-7708
- The EAP offers confidential and voluntary counselling on a short-term basis in order to provide support for difficulties that affect your well-being. Examples of such difficulties include work-related issues and health concerns as well as family and marital problems.
- Public Service Health Care Plan
- Under this Plan you can get the help of a Psychologist, up to a maximum eligible expense of $2,000 per calendar year.
Also review Resources for employees for mental health in the workplace and Mental Health & Wellbeing (available only on the Defence Team Intranet).
We are ready to help.
- Call us toll-free at 1-888-828-3626
- Submit a question or complaint through our secure online form
- Live chat with an agent 8 am to 5 pm ET Monday to Friday
- Book a phone call with an agent
- Email an agent for information or assistance
- Email for general office inquiries
- Email media relations
Office of the Ombudsman
100 Metcalfe Street 12th Floor
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: