Mental health resources information for civilian employees

I am struggling with mental health concerns. What resources are available to help me?

For immediate emergency assistance, call 911. If you are in distress, contact your nearest distress centre.

You can get assistance from a medical doctor or a specialist such as a social worker or a psychologist.

As a civilian employee who is also a member of the Public Service of Canada, you can access two important resources:

  • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) 1-800-268-7708
    • The EAP offers confidential and voluntary counselling on a short-term basis in order to provide support for difficulties that affect your well-being. Examples of such difficulties include work-related issues and health concerns as well as family and marital problems.
  • Public Service Health Care Plan
    • Under this Plan you can get the help of a Psychologist, up to a maximum eligible expense of $2,000 per calendar year.

Also review Resources for employees for mental health in the workplace and Mental Health & Wellbeing (available only on the Defence Team Intranet).

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Date modified: