The Canadian Integrated Program for Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance (CIPARS) Reports
- Salmonella Heidelberg - Ceftiofur-Related Resistance in Human and Retail Chicken Isolates 2003-2006
- Emergence of Ciprofloxacin-Resistant Campylobacter in Retail Chicken in British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Reductions in Antimicrobial Use and Resistance: Preliminary Evidence of the Effect of the Canadian Chicken Industry's Elimination of Use of Antimicrobials of Very High Importance to Human Medicine
The annual reports provide final surveillance data and key findings on antimicrobial resistance and use.
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2008 Annual Report
The short reports contain raw final data (presented in tables and figures) without interpretation.
Human Antimicrobial Use Reports
Beginning in 2014, the Human Antimicrobial Use Reports integrate information from multiple Public Health Agency of Canada antibiotic resistance surveillance programs, including CIPARS and the Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program (CNISP).
This integrated version provides a more comprehensive picture of antibiotic use in Canada. It contains data on the number of antibiotics dispensed by pharmacies, the total cost of antibiotics used in hospitals, the most common disease/conditions requiring antibiotic use, and the total amount of antibiotics used by Canadians.
For the latest Public Health Agency of Canada Human Antimicrobial Drug Use Reports, please visit Report & Publications.
- Human Antimicrobial Use Report 2011
- Human Antimicrobial Use Short Report 2010
- Human Antimicrobial Use Short Report 2000-2009
Salmonella in Agri-food
These reports are generated every three months and provide summary results about the Salmonella serovars recovered from the different surveillance components of CIPARS broken down by animal species. Please contact us for a copy of these summaries.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: