Candidate Information - General Competency Test: Level 2
- If you have a disability and you require testing accommodations, be sure to notify those in charge of the test administration well in advance of the testing date so that they can take the necessary steps to determine the appropriate accommodations.
- Bring one piece of signature identification with photo and your Personal Record Identifier (PRI), if you are a public servant. This number will be recorded on your answer sheet.
- For this test, you are allowed to use a calculator:
- If you take the test by computer, a virtual on-screen calculator is provided.
- If you take the paper version, then a handheld calculator is provided.
- You are also allowed to use your own calculator as long as it is not part of a cellphone, Personal Digital Assistant or other electronic device that may have Internet access or the ability to record or transmit testing material (for example, a scientific calculator). Refer to the Calculator Recognition Guide to determine whether a particular calculator is acceptable.
- Arrive in plenty of time before the test. You will NOT be allowed into the room once the test has begun.
- Budget your time, work as quickly as possible, and use all the time available. Don't spend unnecessary time on a question that you find too difficult. Leave it and return to it if you have time at the end of the test. If you finish the test early, go back and review your answers.
- Answer all questions. Read the whole question. Eliminate answers that you know are wrong. By reducing the number of choices, you increase your chance of selecting the correct answer. Guess if you are not sure of the correct answer. There is no penalty for wrong answers.
- Can you study for the test? Review the sample questions on the “Sample Test Questions” page and complete the “Practice Test”.
- Privacy Notice Statement “The information pertaining to your results on this particular test will be disclosed to the requesting department or organization for staffing related matters. The personal information you provide in Part 2 of the Answer Sheet is voluntary and will be used by the Public Service Commission only, for statistical purposes and to do analysis and research in the areas of test development. All information is collected under the authority of the Public Service Employment Act and is protected under the Privacy Act. For more information, see Info Source (Personal Information Bank numbers PSC-PPU-025/030/035).”
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: