Candidate Information (MMSE-840)
The Middle Management Situational Exercise (MMSE-840): Practical tips and information on taking the test
The MMSE-840 assesses general management ability. You cannot study to prepare for the MMSE-840, but you may find the following tips helpful:
- If you require assessment accommodation, please notify the responsible human resources advisor well in advance of the testing date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
- A good night's sleep will help you be more alert during the exercise.
- Bring a piece of identification with your photo and signature, and your Personal Record Identifier (PRI). If you are a federal public servant, the PRI must be written on your response sheet.
- Give yourself enough time to arrive at the location indicated for your testing session. It is to your advantage to arrive a few minutes before the scheduled session so that you can begin the MMSE-840 without feeling rushed. You will NOT be allowed to enter the room once the test has started.
- Work on the exercises as if you are on the job. This will result in the most accurate assessment of your general management ability.
- Manage your time and work as quickly as possible. Use all the time allowed. Do not linger needlessly on a question that you find too difficult. If you finish before the end of the testing session, you may want to review your answers.
- Answer all the questions. Read the question completely before answering. Eliminate the answers that you know are incorrect. By limiting your choices, you improve your chances of selecting the correct answer. If you are uncertain about a response, choose your best guess, as you are not penalized for incorrect answers.
- You must use a pencil to indicate your answers on the response sheet. Pencils will be provided at the test session.
- Highlighters and pens may be used on the text in the documents. If you wish to use a pen or highlighter, you must bring your own to the test session. Pens and highlighters will not be provided by the administrator.
- Privacy Notice Statement "The information pertaining to your results on this particular test will be disclosed to the requesting department or organization for staffing related matters. The personal information you provide in Part 2 of the Answer Sheet is voluntary and will be used by the Public Service Commission only, for statistical purposes and to do analysis and research in the areas of test development. All information is collected under the authority of the Public Service Employment Act and is protected under the Privacy Act. For more information, see Info Source (Personal Information Bank numbers PSC-PPU-025/030/035)."
Communication of results
The Public Service Commission's Personnel Psychology Centre is responsible for scoring the (MMSE-840). The result is sent to the responsible human resources advisor, who will then notify you. The (MMSE-840) is a standardized test and was designed to be used for staffing purposes. The information available regarding your performance is limited to one global score on general management ability. No further information or feedback will be provided.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: