Your feedback leads to meaningful improvements
Here are a few examples of what the CRA has implemented based on the 2016 SYB Consultations with small and medium businesses.
- Made signing up for the CRA’s online services faster. With telephone authorization, you can now phone the CRA to get a security code sent to you instantly by email.
- Created a series of short videos that shows businesses how to use the individual features of MyBA.
- Created a mobile app for businesses to help manage interactions with the CRA.
- Let you give your employees T4 information slips in electronic format so long as your business meets certain conditions set by the CRA.
- Launched a targeted three-year pilot for a new dedicated telephone service. This pilot project lets income tax return preparers call experienced CRA staff who can help with more complex
- technical issues.
- Expanded the Liaison Officer Assistance Requests pilot program. Today, small businesses from across Canada can book an in-person visit or group seminar through the Liaison Officer service.
- Let corporations view the assessed value of T2 Corporation Income Tax returns and schedules and their CRA-verified capital dividend account balance in MyBA.
- Let business representatives file requests for authorization with commercial software.
- Implemented T2 Auto-fill through commercial software.
- Let business owners and representatives create their own filing and balance confirmation letters in MyBA.
- Continued to improve the clarity, language and layout of our notices and letters to make them easier to understand.
- Improved the information available in MyBA to explain to users how to fix misallocated payments where and when they want to.
- Made the remittance voucher order form more prominent in MyBA to help you order remittance vouchers online.
- Improved the time it takes to resolve an objection. In the fall of 2016, we developed a comprehensive action plan to improve timeliness and better inform Canadians of the expected and actual timeframes for resolving an objection based on complexity level.
- Improved audit processes and communications with businesses and their representatives. We launched a post-audit survey for small businesses to learn your views and we are monitoring your feedback.
- Enhanced the clearance certificate process by communicating earlier when you apply, and by providing information that helps identify situations for which you may not need a clearance certificate.
- Ensured national consistency by communicating collection procedures to audit branches and offering training for auditors.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: