We will continue to modernize and raise awareness of the CRA’s digital services
“Videos should be made more obvious and available on Canada.ca.”
In today’s world, the digital environment is constantly evolving. That’s why we are committed to continually improving our digital services to meet your needs and expectations.
What you said
Some of you told us that you would like the option to receive some or all of your correspondence online, and that you really like our new How-to videos but they are hard to find. You also said that when you send documents to the CRA, you have no way of knowing if we received them. Accountants told us they’d like to use Represent a Client for estate accounts.
What we are going to do
- We are improving the Submit Documents service for a better user experience. For example, you will be able to upload multiple documents (up to 10), and you will receive an email confirmation when documents are sent to the CRA. You will also be able to electronically send documents for new owner updates, for example, updates of a new Director, a new Chief Executive Officer, or a new Chief Financial Officer for a corporation or a new partner for a partnership; and provide estate documents electronically.
- We are making more correspondence available in the online portals. For example, soon you will be able to get certain appeals letters, charities letters and non-filer letters in My Business Account (MyBA).
- We are going to make our How-to videos available on relevant Canada.ca pages, in addition to being available on the CRA’s YouTube channel.
- We are enhancing the Represent a Client interface to add an easy to find “What’s New” link in the portal that will help representatives find reference materials while still maintaining their secure connection.
- Represent a Client will be made available for estate accounts.
- We will leverage existing communication methods and tools to raise awareness about our digital services. Look for updates on CRA’s Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, as well as, Canada.ca and the redesigned Notice of Assessment.
- We are making the processing status of certain special elections and returns, for example Schedule 89 - Request for a Capital Dividend Account Balance Verification and Form T2054 – Election for a Capital Dividend Under Subsection 83(2), available in MyBA.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: