What’s new for tax professionals and tax preparers for the 2017 tax-filing season?
Learn about the important changes for tax professionals and tax preparers for the 2017 tax-filing season. Here's what you need to know:
- Express NOA – This new service delivers an instant assessment result message and provides a notice of assessment directly into the EFILE certified tax preparation software the next day. To use the service, tax preparers must have their CRA credentials, have a valid T1013, Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative, on file and have completed Part C of Form T183, Information Return for Electronic Filing of an individual's Income Tax and Benefit Return.
- ReFILE for Efilers – This new service lets representatives send adjustments for a client's return using EFILE-certified software. Representatives can make changes to this year’s and last year's return.
- Pre-authorized debit for EFILE – EFILE users can now send a payment electronically to the CRA for a taxpayer. This service is available in certain EFILE-certified software products. The service will be fully implemented in all EFILE software by February 2017.
- List of notices issued in Represent a Client – This new service will provide a list of clients’ names, along with the type of notice and the date it was issued, and whether the return was assessed as filed or with changes.
- Online mail – This service notifies taxpayers by email when new correspondence is available to view in My Account. In addition to notices of assessment/reassessment and benefit notices, new correspondence that is available includes benefits notices and slips, and instalment reminders. Taxpayers can sign up for online mail by entering their email address on their income tax and benefit return, on Form T183 or by registering through My Account or the MyCRA mobile app.
- Auto-fill my return – Enhancements to this service include extended log-in sessions so you can stay logged into the service for a longer period, more available tax slips, and the use of the service for previous-year returns.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: