Language selection


Contact the Charities Directorate

Chat with Charlie unread messages

On this page

Client service

Our client service representatives can provide you with:

  • general information about registered charities
  • information on how to apply for registration online
  • information on how your charity should properly issue official donation receipts and how to fill out the annual information return (Form T3010)
  • guidance on changing your charity's legal name, purposes, activities, and more

If you are looking for information about a specific charity or want to make an information request, go to How to get information about a charity.

You can contact a representative Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., local time:

By phone/TTY

By phone:

By TTY service for people with a hearing or speech impairment:

By mail

Mail paper information returns and financial statements to:
Charities Directorate
Canada Revenue Agency
105 – 275 Pope Road
Summerside PE  C1N 6E8

Mail all other inquiries or changes to:
Charities Directorate
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON  K1A 0L5

By fax

By fax:

833-339-0997 (toll-free number)

Send your documents to only one number and avoid duplication.

Through MyBA

Through MyBA:

If you’re registered with My Business Account (MyBA), any action that previously required written correspondence can now be done through the MyBA portal. For information on making specific changes to your charity’s account, go to Making a change to your organization. For all other enquiries, simply:

  1. Login to MyBA.
  2. Under your RR account, select “Update registered charity or RCAAA information”.
  3. Select “submit an enquiry” from the dropdown menu.

For all other communications from the Canada Revenue Agency, you can tell us how you would like to communicate when you sign up for MyBA.

Comments on policies and guidance

Your opinion counts

If you have comments or suggestions to improve the Charities Directorate's policies and guidance products or if you want to comment on a policy or guidance that is up for consultation, we would like to hear from you. Go to Feedback on policies and guidance.

Service complaints

If you are not satisfied with the service that you receive from the Canada Revenue Agency, you can make a complaint. Go to Make a service complaint.

Stay connected


  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Mobile apps
  • Feeds
  • Email

More information

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: