Contact the Charities Directorate
Our client service representatives can provide you with:
- general information about registered charities
- information on how to apply for registration online
- information on how your charity should properly issue official donation receipts and how to fill out the annual information return (Form T3010)
- guidance on changing your charity's legal name, purposes, activities, and more
If you are looking for information about a specific charity or want to make an information request, go to How to get information about a charity.
You can contact a representative Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., local time:
By TTY service for people with a hearing or speech impairment:
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON K1A 0L5
613-954-8037 (Client Service)
613-954-2586 (Director General’s office)
613-952-6020 (Assessment and Determinations)
613-941-0186 (Filing Enforcement)
613-946-2423 (Corporate and Information Programs)
613-948-1320 (Policy, Planning, and Legislation)
If you’re registered with My Business Account (MyBA), any action that previously required written correspondence can now be done through the MyBA portal. For information on making specific changes to your charity’s account, click here. For all other enquiries, simply:
1. Login to MyBA.
2. Under your RR account, select “Update registered charity or RCAAA information”.
3. Select “submit an enquiry” from the dropdown menu.
For all other communications from the Canada Revenue Agency, you can tell us how you would like to communicate when you sign up for MyBA.
Comments on policies and guidance
Your opinion counts
If you have comments or suggestions to improve the Charities Directorate's policies and guidance products or if you want to comment on a policy or guidance that is up for consultation, we would like to hear from you. Go to Consultation and feedback on policies and guidance.
If you are not satisfied with the service that you receive from the Canada Revenue Agency, you can make a complaint. Go to Make a service complaint.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: