ARCHIVED - Information for Residents of Saskatchewan


If you have a visual impairment, you can get our publications in Braille, large print, or etext (CD or diskette), or on audio cassette or MP3. For details, visit our About multiple formats page or call 1-800-959-2221 .

All the information you need to calculate your Saskatchewan tax and credits is included in "Completing your Saskatchewan forms". Complete Form SK428, Saskatchewan Tax, and Form SK479, Saskatchewan Credits, and attach a copy to your return.

What's new for 2009?

The income levels and most of the non-refundable tax credits used to calculate your provincial income tax have changed.

There is a new refundable benefit to help families with the costs of their children's participation in cultural, recreational, and sporting activities. Each family can claim up to a maximum of $150 per eligible child.

The maximum tax credit for an investment in a federal government-registered Labour Sponsored Venture Capital Corporation has increased to $1,000.

Form SK428, Saskatchewan Tax, and Form SK479, Saskatchewan Credits, reflect these changes.

Saskatchewan Low-Income Tax Credit (SLITC)

The SLITC is a program designed to help lower-income Saskatchewan residents

For details on the payment amount, read Pamphlet RC4210, GST/HST Credit.

The SLITC is combined with the non-taxable quarterly federal goods and services tax (GST) credit into one payment.

To get payments under the SLITC, you (or your spouse or common-law partner) should apply for the GST credit on page 1 of your return.

File your tax return - You (and your spouse or common-law partner) should file your 2009 tax return(s) as soon as possible. The information you give on your return(s) will determine how much SLITC you will get starting in July 2010.

The SLITC program is fully funded by the Province of Saskatchewan.

For more information

If you have questions about Saskatchewan income tax and credits, visit the CRA Web site or call the CRA at  1-800-959-8281 .

To get forms, go to our Forms and publications page or call 1-800-959-2221 .

If you have any questions about the labour-sponsored venture capital program or tax credit Slip T2C(SASK.), contact:

Enterprise Saskatchewan
200 - 3085 Albert Street
Regina SK  S4S 0B1

Call:   306-787-8904

If you have any questions about the graduate retention program tuition rebate, or the previous graduate tax exemption program and the post-secondary graduate tax credit program, contact:

Saskatchewan Ministry of Advanced Education,
Employment and Labour
Student Financial Assistance Branch
Box 650
4635 Wascana Parkway
Regina SK   S4P 3A3

Call: 1-800-597-8278 , or 787-5620 (in Regina).

Page details

Date modified: