Volunteer to host free tax preparation clinics
You can help individuals complete their tax returns and receive the government benefits to which they are entitled. Register your community organization to participate in the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program.
How does the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program work?
The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program is a collaboration between community organizations and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
The community organization:
- hosts free tax preparation clinics
- arranges for volunteers to complete tax returns for eligible individuals
- manages resources and volunteers
- keeps taxpayer information secure and confidential
- makes sure that volunteers are approved to use EFILE or get a police records check
- offers guidance to organizations
- arranges training for volunteers
- provides tax preparation software
- operates a dedicated help line for volunteers
- provides promotional materials
- donates used laptops to eligible organizations
How to register
Fill out the Organization registration form.
Need more information?
For more information, contact a CRA coordinator.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: