How do you claim your instalment payments on your tax return?

You have to claim on line 476 of your 2018 tax return the total of your instalment payments for 2018 on the back of Form INNS1, Instalment Reminder, or on Form INNS2, Instalment Payment Summary.

These forms are records of your instalment payments that you have made to date. You will receive:

  • Form INNS1 in February and in August
  • Form INNS2 in February

If you made an instalment payment for 2018 that is not shown on your reminder or summary, include that amount on line 476 as well. You can also see your instalment reminder and the instalment payments you have made by using My Account.

If your summary shows payments that you did not make or that were not intended as an instalment payment, call 1-800-959-8281.


If you are using NETFILE or EFILE certified software, the Auto-fill my return service will automatically fill in any instalment payments you made for 2018 based on the information that the CRA has at the time you send your return.

If you moved from Quebec in 2019

If you made instalment payments to Revenu Québec for 2019, you have to notify them of your change of address and ask for a refund of those amounts. Send the refund to us with a letter from Revenu Québec that provides the dates those payments were made. We will use this amount to cover the provincial or territorial tax in your new province or territory of residence.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: