Payment arrangements


Tax Tip 

Even if you cannot pay all of your balance owing right away, file your return by the filing due date. Then you will not have to pay a penalty for filing your return after the due date. For more information, see Interest and penalties.

If you cannot pay your balance owing on or before April 30, 2017, we may accept a payment arrangement only after you have reasonably tried to get the necessary funds by borrowing or rearranging your financial affairs.

There are a number of ways that you may be able to make a payment arrangement.

You may be able to set up a pre-authorized debit agreement through My Account.

You can call our TeleArrangement service at 1-866-256-1147. To use this service, you will need to provide your social insurance number, your date of birth, and the amount you entered on line 150 from your last return for which you received a notice of assessment. TeleArrangement is available Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Eastern time.

You could also call our debt management call centre at 1-888-863-8657 to speak to an agent. Our agents are available Monday to Friday (except holidays) from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., Eastern time.

We will still charge daily compound interest on any outstanding balance starting May 1, 2017, until you pay your balance in full.

For more information, go to When you owe money – collections at the CRA.

If you do not deal promptly with your tax arrears, the CRA can take serious measures including legal action such as garnishing your income or your bank account or initiating other legal action such as seizing and selling your assets.


Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: