Education deductions and credits
Find information about the amounts you may be able to claim as a deduction or a credit related to education. This includes, tuition, education, and textbook amounts, interest paid on student loans, and moving expenses.
Services and information
- Line 219 – Moving expenses
Find out if you can claim a deduction for moving expenses paid to study in a post-secondary program, and how calculate and claim them.
- Line 256 – Adult basic education tuition assistance
Find out if you can claim a deduction for your adult basic education, whether primary or secondary level education, or certain other forms of training.
- Line 319 – Interest paid on your student loans
Find out if you can claim the interest paid on your student loans for post-secondary education, and how to claim it.
- Line 323 – Your tuition, education, and textbook amounts
Find out about eligible fees, education and textbook amounts, and how to claim and carry forward these amounts.
- Line 324 – Tuition amount transferred from a child
Find out if a child can transfer to you all or part of their unused tuition, education, and textbook amounts.
- Line 326 – Amounts transferred from your spouse or common-law partner
Find out if you can transfer any credits from your spouse or common-law partner, and how to calculate and claim them.
- All deductions, credits, and expenses
Find a list of all deductions, credits, and expenses you may be able to claim on your personal income tax return.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: