If you have moved

If you move, let us know your new address as soon as possible.

If you use direct deposit, you also need to tell us if you change your account at your financial institution.

Keeping your information up-to-date will ensure that you keep getting your GST/HST credit (including those from certain related provincial payments), universal child care benefit and Canada child tax benefit payments (including those from certain related provincial or territorial programs), and working income tax benefit (WITB) advance payments you may be entitled to, as well as important correspondence from the Canada Revenue Agency. Otherwise, your payments may stop or you may not get important correspondence like your notice of assessment.

Changing your address

If you move, you can change your address:

If you are writing for someone else, including your spouse or common-law partner, include their social insurance number, and have them sign the letter authorizing the change to their records.

  • by phone using our Individual Income Tax Enquiries line at 1-800-959-8281. (We will ask you for your name and address, social insurance number, date of birth, and other information from your tax return or notice of assessment.)


Because your personal information is confidential, we do not usually give your new address to other government departments or Crown corporations, such as Canada Post. Similarly, they do not provide such information to us.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: