Line 127 - Capital gains
- Calculating and reporting
How to calculate your capital gains and losses, and complete line 127 and schedule 3 of your return.
- Capital losses and deductions
You may be able to reduce your taxable income by claiming capital losses, deferrals, reserves and the cumulative capital gains deduction.
- Shares, funds and other units
Publicly-traded shares, bonds, mutual fund and trust units, stock options, flow-through entities, and identical properties.
- Capital gains (or losses) from information slips
How to report your capital gains (or losses) from T3, T4PS, T5, T5008 and T5013 information slips.
- Principal residence and other real estate
Designation, change of use and disposition of a principal residence, which can be a house, apartment, cottage, mobile home or houseboat.
- Transfers of capital property
Transfers to a spouse or common-law partner, or to a trust, corporation or partnership.
- Capital gains and losses from business and partnerships
Information for individuals whose capital gain or loss arises from a business or partnership.
- Gifts of shares, stock options, and other capital property
Donations of Canadian cultural property, ecologically sensitive land, and other capital property such as bonds, shares or stock options.
Questions and Answers about capital gains.
Forms and publications
Forms and publications you may need for capital gains.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: