Completing Schedule 3
Schedule 3 is divided into 8 sections for reporting the disposition of different types of capital properties, and to calculate the amount of taxable capital gains to enter on line 127 of your return.
- Qualified small business corporation shares
- Qualified farm or fishing property
- Publicly traded shares, mutual fund units and other shares
- Real estate, depreciable property, and other properties
- Bonds, debentures, promissory notes, and other similar properties
- Other mortgage foreclosures and conditional sales repossessions
- Personal-use property
- Listed personal property (LPP)
- Capital gains (or losses) from information slips
How to report your capital gains (or losses) from T3, T4PS, T5, T5008 and T5013 information slips.
- Determining your taxable capital gains (or losses)
Reserves (T2017), reduction on flow-through entities, adjusted capital gains on gifts (T1170).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: