Repayment Assistance Plan – Eligibility
Current status: Repayment assistance for student loan borrowers
- As of November 1, 2022, enhancements to repayment assistance now provide easier access for borrowers.
You may qualify for repayment assistance if:
- you live in Canada or:
- are a reservist or spouse of a reservist deployed abroad, or
- are on an international internship for a year or less
- your loans are in repayment, that is at least 6 months have passed since you graduated or left school, and
- you are up-to-date on your loan payments
If your family income is less than a certain amount per month, you may not need to make payments on your student loans for a period of 6 months.
If you earn more than the income thresholds shown below, you may still qualify for reduced monthly payments.
|Family size||Income threshold|
Note: Income thresholds may be different for the provincial part of your loan.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: