Repayment Assistance Plan – Eligibility
You may qualify for repayment assistance if:
- you reside in Canada (or are on an international internship or are a reservist deployed abroad)
- at least 6 months have passed since you graduated or left school (your loans are in repayment)
- you are up-to-date on your loan payments
If you have a permanent disability, you may qualify for RAP-PD if:
- your permanent disability has been assessed and recognized by the Canada Student Financial Assistance Program, and
- you are eligible for the Repayment Assistance Plan
If your family income falls below a certain amount per month, you may be eligible to make no payments on your student loans for a period of 6 months.
If you earn more than the income thresholds shown below, you may still be eligible for a reduced monthly payments through the Plan. Find out if you are eligible by using the Repayment Assistance Estimator.
|Family size||Income threshold|
Use the Repayment Assistance Estimator
Use the Repayment Assistance Estimator to find out if you are eligible and get an estimate of what your expected monthly payment might be.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: