Federal Sustainable Development Act (S.C. 2008, c. 33)
This act requires the government to develop and report on a federal sustainable development strategy including goals, targets, and actions to achieve them. It also requires organizations across government to contribute to the strategy.
About this legislation
- Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
- Departmental Sustainable Development Strategies
- Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators
- Sustainable Development Advisory Council
Sustainable Development Office
Environment and Climate Change Canada
200 Sacré-Coeur Boulevard 7th floor
Gatineau QC K1A 0H3
Read this legislation
Last amended on 2020-12-01
Recent amendments came into force December 1, 2020.
News, notices and recent amendments
- An Act to amend the Federal Sustainable Development Act (S.C. 2019, c. 2)
Canada Gazette, Part II
- Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 153, Number 12: Order Fixing December 1, 2020 as the Day on which that Act Comes into Force
- Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 153, Number 12: Order Amending the Schedule to the Federal Sustainable Development Act
Learn more about legislation in Canada
Treaties, laws and regulations - Canada.ca
Access acts and regulations, treaties with indigenous peoples, and international treaties and agreements.
- Date modified: