Services and information
Paying down debt, what to do if a collection agency contacts you and getting help with debt.
Improving your credit score, correcting errors, ordering your credit report and more.
Choosing a mortgage, renewing your mortgage, paying off your mortgage faster and more.
Lines of credit, personal loans, payday loans, financing a car and what to consider before you borrow.
Choosing a credit card, resolving an unauthorized transaction, joint credit cards and more.
Refinancing your home, home equity lines of credit and second mortgages.
How your loan payments may increase if interest rates rise.
Understanding the terms and conditions of loans, lines of credit and more.
What we are doing
- FCAC reminds regulated institutions to thoroughly investigate unauthorized credit and debit transactions
- Consumer Alert: Managing debt when interest rates rise
- FCAC report: Home equity lines of credit may put consumers at risk
- Consumer Alert: Be cautious when seeking help to pay off debt or repair your credit
- Payday loans
- Auto Finance: Market Trends
- The role of financial literacy in financial decisions and retirement preparedness among seniors and near-seniors
- The Link between Financial Confidence and Financial Outcomes among Working-Aged Canadians
Tools and calculators
Build your future with the right financial tools.
Plan for life's changing financial responsibilities and priorities so you can make responsible financial decisions and reach your goals.
The high costs of borrowing, what happens if you miss a payment and what to ask a payday lender.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: