Defence Team News - August 4, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
- July 28: DM/CDS Update following special Defence Management Committee on Racism
- August 4: Vice Chief of the Defence Staff Transfer of Authority Ceremony
- ‘The Torch’
‘The Torch’ is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members. It is accessible on both the DWAN and internet. Save the link to your personal device for access anywhere / anytime.
- Return to the Workplace Orientation Template
This Orientation Package was developed to equip teams with the necessary tools and information to guide staff returning to the workplace/office. Respective individuals and teams across Defence are encouraged to modify and tailor it to best support and address their needs regarding this transition.
- Things you need to know about the new Civilian Flexible Work Program and mandatory agreement form
- Measures for returning to the workplace
- Defence Team, send us your questions about resuming work!
- For more information, check out these resources:
- Virtual Interactions Etiquette
- Supervisors' Communications Toolkit
Messages for the Defence Team
- Your Ask Anything: COVID-19 questions answered: Balancing childcare with business resumption; training courses; and PPE
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- DM/CDS joint directive - DND/CAF COVID-19 public health measures and personal protection
- Mandatory course for all personnel: The COVID-19 Awareness Course is now available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN). To access the DLN please visit the appropriate site based on your connection:
- DWAN/DVPNI: http://dln-rad.mil.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp
- Home Internet: https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp
Once you have logged on, perform a ‘catalogue search’ for “COVID” and you will see the result “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255”. Choose it and click register. The course should take between 60-90 minutes to complete.
Defence Team COVID-19 – Mental health and Wellness
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family. As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
The Maple Leaf
- Discover Series
The Digital Academy's Discover Series is a suite of foundational courses introducing new mindsets, skills and techniques to help public servants succeed in the digital era.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: