In-Canada Application for Permanent Residence (Live-in Caregivers)
The Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) is closed to new applicants. You can only apply for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) if you:
- are already working in Canada with an LCP work permit, or
- were approved for your first LCP work permit based on an employer's positive Labour Market Impact Assessment application submitted on or before November 30, 2014
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5282] (PDF, 358.38 KB) August 2018
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 652 KB) February 2019
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB) November 2018
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 776.39 KB) October 2018
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB) September 2018
- Live-in Caregiver – Employer Declaration of Hours Worked [IMM 5634] (PDF, 589.28 KB) October 2014
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5290]
Use this application if you want to apply for permanent residence in Canada and you:
- have been working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for at least 24 months, or
- worked a total of 3,900 hours within four years of arriving in Canada, and
- have a valid work permit to work in a home offering live-in care for children, seniors or the disabled.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to complete your application forms.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Having trouble downloading the form? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages of each form, follow these steps.
IMM 0008 form
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: